A lake is the landscapes’ most beautiful and expressive feature. It is earth’s eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his nature
by Henry David Thoreau
- Ziwani Island is located on the very west of the lake, far away from the bustle of Naivasha town and the floriculture farms. This magical spot offers peace and tranquility with ever-changing views of the lake. The name Naivasha derives from the local Maasai name “Enai’posha” meaning “rough water” because of the sudden storms that can arise.
- Ziwani Island is the luxurious private residence of the Bell family which is available for high-end client bookings on an all inclusive, exclusive basis. Your stay will be hosted by a professional safari guide or a member of the family to ensure that your every comfort and wish will be seen to.
- This unique house, perched on a volcanic rock island overlooking lake Naivasha, has been stylishly designed and furnished in the contemporary chic vogue. The little known magical Ziwani Island is Naivasha’s best kept secret, tucked away on the western shore of the lake.
- Ziwani aptly means “on the lake” in Kiswahili and within the glass and timber house you have the sense of floating above the lake with spectacular views of Eburu, the Abedares and Mt. Longonot.
- Featuring 6 en-suite luxurious double bedrooms, it can sleep up to 11 guests and the host. The location provides an ideal relaxing stop-off point on the safari circuit and offers a range of activities which will enhance the safari experience.
- Ziwani Island is close to Nairobi and is a great weekend or holiday getaway from the hustle and bustle of city.